CIRDAP AT A GLANCE
FROM OUR STAKEHOLDERS
“This 21 days intensive training programme packed with highly informative and useful contents both in lectures and practical assignments had enlightened me to the various areas of importance in integrated rural development (IRD). The course greatly enhanced my knowledge in IRD especially on policy making skills, significant challenges faced by rural communities, climate change, and natural disaster and gender issues.”
“The training program was a perfect blend of theories and best practices in the field of integrated rural development. It made me realize that the natural environment is central to the economic activity and growth of a country.”
“The training programme, where nearly 40 lectures were carried out by eminent professionals on related subjects, helped immensely to broaden our horizons while sharing experiences among participants from different countries. One thing I found amazing in the programme is the involvement of every participant in conducting lecture sessions, development of leadership skills, and gradual development of team spirit among participants”
“I expected it to be like any other training, with standard lectures. It was especially nice because, in addition to the well-organized lectures, we were able to visit places in Comilla, Bangladesh such as the Agricultural Village and a museum. Some of the lectures are interactive, and I like how the lecturers relate the lecture to their experiences. I am very confident in applying what I learned in the training to any possible related situation.”
“the organizers both CIRDAP and BARD are very focused on providing knowledge, sharing experience and information in related fields, interspersed with extra fun activities such as an ethnic nights and potluck so that there is very limited time left for other additional activities. While I was participating in the various education and training courses, I had the opportunity to socialize with participants from CIRDAP member countries which gave me a new understanding of diversity eventually they became my new family, the host of participants from Bangladesh gave me a deep impression of sincerity and kindness.”
Topics were related to new different challenges of rural development in Asia and pacific and let us knew that these challenges have created tensions in all Asian countries and per country has special potentials to cooperate together for solving them. In addition to scientific achievements, it has raised our adaption in life and more compatible with different conditions. In addition, acquaintance with different accents, cultures, clothes, habits and customs has been other achievements of this training.
Programs and projects of 2023 and onwards
The Expert meeting of CIRDAP on 9th January, 2023.
- Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for three years signed between CIRDAP and ITD on 18 January 2023.
- The Webinar on “International Day of Education“ – 24 January, 2023.
- The DG of CIRDAP attend the International Fisheries and Aquaculture (IFAC – 2023)conference in Lahore, Pakistan during 8-9 February, 2023.
- Webinar on “Identifying the Gender-Nutrition intersections in India: Quantitative and Qualitative Evidence” – 27th February, 2023. The speaker : Dr. Ruchira Bhattacharya, Assistant Professor, Head in-Charge, NIRD-PR Delhi Branch, New Delhi, India.
Webinar on “Best Practices of IRD/ Rural Development policies” – 28th February, 2023. The speaker: Dr. Muhammad Israr, Secretary and IRD Expert CIRDAP; Agriculture, livestock, fisheries and Cooperative Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
- Webinar on “the International Women’s Day” – 8 th March, 2023.
- Webinar on “the International Day of Forest” – 21 st March, 2023. The speaker : Dr. Muhammad Israr, Secretary and IRD Expert CIRDAP; Agriculture, livestock, fisheries and Cooperative Department, Government of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Pakistan.
- Webinar on “World Water Day “– 22 nd March, 2023.
- Webinar on United Nations’ World Health Day titled “Water associated diseases – how to monitor aquatic bodies for ensuring community health?” The speaker is Dr. Grinson George SAARC Agriculture Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Webinar on Earth Day – 22 nd April, 2023.
- Webinar on “The idea of registering the World Goat Day is a cultural action with an economic purpose to honor rural and nomadic livelihoods” – May, 2023 by Dr. Farhad Mirzaei, Member of Department of Animal Production Management, Animal Science Research Institute of Iran.
- Webinar on World Environment Day – 5 th June, 2023 Dr SM Zobaidul Kabir, Deputy Secretary, GOB & Adjunct Research Fellow, The University of Newcastle, Australia.
- Webinar on “World Oceans Day” titled “Planting mangroves for multiple benefits” by Professor Wong Poh Poh.
- Webinar on International Cooperative Day – 1st July, 2023.
- Webinar on World Rural Development Day (Proposed by CIRDAP) – 6th July, 2023.
- Celebration of 44th Anniversary of CIRDAP – 6th July, 2023.
Webinar on International Youth Day – 12th August, 2023.
- Webinar on United Nations Day for South-South Cooperation – 12th September, 2023.
- Webinar on International day of Awareness of Food Loss and Waste – 29th September, 2023 by Dr. Muhammad Israr , IRD Expert CIRDAP, Pakistan.
- The 38th Technical Committee (TC 38) – 3-5 October 2023.
- The Expert Consultation Workshop – 6-7 October 2023.
- Webinar on International Day on Disaster Risk Reduction – 13th October, 2023.
- Webinar on International Day of Rural Women – 15 October. 2023.
- Webinar on World Food Day – 16 th October, 2023 by Ms. Vanida Khumnirdpetch, Director, Bureau of Foreign Agricultural Affairs (BOFAA), Office of Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives, Bangkok, THAILAND.
- The 2nd CIRDAP-BARD Flagship training 4-26 November 2023.
- Webinar on Sustainable Development Goals ‘and Rural Development by Ms. Nancy Shackell, Ph.D. Senior Research Scientist, Bedford Institute of Oceanography, Canada.
- Webinar on World Fisheries Day titled “Sustainable Fisheries and Aquaculture: Impact of Climate Change and Mitigation Measures” – 21 st November, 2023 by Dr. Grinson George, SAARC Agriculture Centre, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- The 34th Executive Committee (EC) and 24th Governing Council (GC) meeting in Vietnam – 23 – 25 April 2024 (tentative)
- The 45th anniversary of CIRDAP on 6 July 2024
- The 39th Technical Committee (TC-39) meeting In Malaysia – September 2024 (tentative)
- The 3rd CIRDAP-BARD Flagship training – 2-24 November 2024 (tentative)