CIRDAP AT A GLANCE
Programs and projects of 2021 and onwards
1. Pandemic disease prediction and management: A case of the outbreak of COVID-19 in Thailand by Professor Dr. Nuanchan Singkran, Faculty of Environment and Resource Studies, Mahidol University, Thailand.
Date: 16th September, 2021 & Time: 19.00 pm Bangladesh time (20.00 pm Bangkok time)
2. A Discussion Forum/Webinar on Indian Youth Development Index and Global Youth Development Index with particular reference to CIRDAP Member Countries by Dr. Vasanthi Rajendran, Professor Training, Centre for Training Orientation and Capacity Building & Centre for National and International Collaboration, Rajiv Gandhi National Institute of Youth Development (RGNIYD), Tamil Nadu, INDIA
Date: 27th September, 2021 & Time: 19.00 pm Bangladesh time (18.30 pm in Indian time)
3. A Webinar on Issues of Agricultural Extension Services in India by Assistant Professor Dr. Binoy Goswami, South Asian University, New Delhi 110021, India.
Date: 3 October 2021 & Time: 16.00 pm Bangladesh standard time (15.30 Indian time).
4. The webinar on the International Day on Disaster Risk Reduction -“Disaster Management in Bangladesh” by Prof Dr. Mehedi Ahmed Ansary, Department of Civil Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET), Dhaka, Bangladesh
Date: 13 October 2021n & Time 10.00 am Bangladesh standard time.
5. A Webinar on 15 October: The International Day of Rural Women by Dr. UshaRani Boruah. (Date a & Time: TBD)
6. A lecture on ‘resilient strategies for aquaculture and fisheries to face the extreme weather shocks’ by Dr. Dr. Grinson George, Senior Program Specialist (Fisheries), SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC), BARC Complex, Dhaka, Bangladesh (Date & Time: TBD
FROM OUR STAKEHOLDERS
The training program was very effective and well-timed. We are very much interested to conduct similar training program in Iran in partnership with CIRDAP
The training introduced innovative technologies and practices on how waste can be turned to wealth such as Leather Shoes from Chicken Feet Skin, Cake made from Tofu Waste etc. This will help to boost rural entrepreneurship in CIRDAP member countries.
The Pilot project is expected to transfer Low Cost Dryer technology to rural entrepreneurs which will help to dry agro food (fruits, vegetables, fish etc) and maintain quality standard.