CIRDAP AT A GLANCE
Programs of 2020 and onwards
1. WEBINAR ON SEA BASS FARMING IN THAILAND & HILSA ECOLOGY & ARTIFICIAL BREEDING IN BANGLADESH
Organized by Bangladesh Fisheries Research Institute (BFRI) in Collaboration with Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP), 15 January 2021.
2. A webinar to celebrate the International Day of Rural Women with keynote speakers from UN WOMEN and Gender in Aquaculture and Fisheries (GAF).
Organized by CIRDAP, 15th October, 2020
3. A webinar to celebrate the International Day on Disaster Reduction entitled “Expert Consultation on Building Earthquakes Resilient Communities and Societies: Lesson learned from the past”.
Organized by CIRDAP in collaboration with BUET, 13 October 2020,
4. CIRDAP-FAO Training on Enhancing Analytical skills of the Government officials on National Food and Nutrition Security.
5. DG CIRDAP as a Commentator on Blue economy and healthy oceans in the 15th Annual Session of Global Forum on Human Settlements & Sustainable Cities and Human Settlements Post-Pandemic Recovery and Transformation: Resilient Cities, Healthy Planet.
15 October 2020
6. A Webinar on “Assessing the COVID-19 Impact of Reverse Migration on Rural Communities in CIRDAP Member Countries”
Organized by CIRDAP, 8th September, 2020
FROM OUR STAKEHOLDERS
The training program was very effective and well-timed. We are very much interested to conduct similar training program in Iran in partnership with CIRDAP
The training introduced innovative technologies and practices on how waste can be turned to wealth such as Leather Shoes from Chicken Feet Skin, Cake made from Tofu Waste etc. This will help to boost rural entrepreneurship in CIRDAP member countries.
The Pilot project is expected to transfer Low Cost Dryer technology to rural entrepreneurs which will help to dry agro food (fruits, vegetables, fish etc) and maintain quality standard.