CIRDAP AT A GLANCE
Programs and projects of 2022 and onwards
1. Webinar on “Innovations in Asia: Making Organic Agriculture More Sustainable” – 13 January, 2022. Speaker: Dr. Shaikh Tanveer Hossain, Senior Program Officer, Agriculture Division, Asian Productivity Organization (APO), Tokyo, Japan.
2. International Women’s Day Webinar on “Gender Equality in CIRDAP Member Countries” – 8 March, 2022.
3. World Water Day webinar on “Water-quality based risk assessment framework for open-access aquatic resources using citizen science and satellite remote sensing” – 22 March, 2022. Speaker: Dr. Grinson George, Senior Program Specialist (Fisheries), SAARC Agriculture Centre (SAC), BARC Complex, Farmgate, Dhaka-1215, Bangladesh.
4. World Oceans Day Webinar on “Ocean in a changing world: how we can help” – 8th June, 2022. Speaker: Dr. Suchana Apple Chavanich, Chulalongkorn University Reef Biology Research Group, Department of Marine Science, Faculty of Science, Thailand.
5. World Rural Development Day: “What is it, why does it matter and how to get involved?” – 14 July, 2022. Speaker: Dr. Cherdsak Virapat, DG CIRDAP.
6. Webinar on the Sustainable Development Goals’ research and responses and title: “Carbon sequestration of public parks and urban greening improvements in a megacity”. Speaker: Dr. Nuanchan Singkran, Faculty of Environment and Resource Studies, Mahidol University, Thailand.
7. Webinar on Climate Smart Water Management in the Context of Pakistan. Speaker: Dr. Manzoor Ahmad Malik, Director (Retired), Freelance Consultant and Master Trainer, Pakistan Council of Research in Water Resources.
8. Webinar on World Habitat Day: Climate Change & Biodiversity. Speaker: Dr. SM Zobaidul Kabir, Chief Environmental Specialist, CEGIS.
9. Webinar on International Day on Disaster Risk Reduction – 13th October – “Disaster risk reduction & emergency management focused on floods and landslides” .
10. Webinar on “Flood risk assessment and management for a large river basin”. Speaker: Associate Prof. Dr. Nuanchan Singkran
11. A Webinar on the International Day of Rural Women – 15th October, 2022
12. Webinar on World soil day – 5th December, 2022
13. Webinar on “Governance To Good Governance – Need & Role of Social Accountability Tools” – 21st December, 22. Speaker : Dr. K.Prabhakar, Assistant Professor, Centre for Good Governance & Policy Analysis
FROM OUR STAKEHOLDERS
The training program was very effective and well-timed. We are very much interested to conduct similar training program in Iran in partnership with CIRDAP
The training introduced innovative technologies and practices on how waste can be turned to wealth such as Leather Shoes from Chicken Feet Skin, Cake made from Tofu Waste etc. This will help to boost rural entrepreneurship in CIRDAP member countries.
The Pilot project is expected to transfer Low Cost Dryer technology to rural entrepreneurs which will help to dry agro food (fruits, vegetables, fish etc) and maintain quality standard.