CIRDAP is offering a Certificate Course which will open an exciting world of GIS for student and young professional and enable them to master the fundamental concepts of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and make the best use of the latest spatial technologies in different fields.
Be it business, natural resource management, disaster management, development planning, agriculture, urban planning, rural development, civil engineering or any other field, GIS has huge huge potential to make impact!
CIRDAP Centre for Geoinformatics Application in Rural Development (CCGARD) is a state-of-the-art GIS centre with modern tools and technologies of GIS has been conducting a number of course and training to enable policy makers, development practitioners and emerging change makers working for integrated rural development in Bangladesh and other CIRDAP member countries.
What will be achieved?
The objective of the course is to develop an understanding and competence in, Geo spatial technology.
- Analyze Geo-information problems encountered in professional domain and develop, apply the appropriate methods for studying and/or solving the problems
- Learn different technologies for collecting, acquiring and verifying spatial data
- Different Technology to generate, integrates, analyze and visualize spatial data
- Apply practical skills by working on international standard projects
- To carry out an independent final project and presentation
Why chose this course?
If your interest goes beyond existing academic education and you want to know more about the latest technologies which can boost your career then this programme is for you.
The courses are uniquely designed by technical experts to ensure the meaningful skill development which enables the Participants to gain insight on application of GIS.
GIS Basics: Principle of GIS, components, Geospatial Data, Data Structure-Vector & Raster, GIS operations
Coordinate Systems: Geographic and projection Coordinate Systems, Types of Projections
Data Display & Cartography: Cartography Basics, Symbolization, Scaling, Layout
Remote Sensing: Fundamental of Remote Sensing and Application
Global Positioning System: Principles of GPS, Concepts and Applications
- Quantum GIS Software and its Applications in Geo-referencing and Digitization
- Q-GIS: Working with attribute data, hands on Querying, layout preparation
- Digital Image Processing
- Geotagging with Mobile Data Collection
- Hands on GPS Data Acquisition, downloading interfacing and overlaying on Google maps.
- Data Collection in field and import in software
Number of Classes: Total 16, Weekly 4 classes
Class Schedule: Friday and Saturday
No. of Seats: 15
Last Date of Application: 15 November 2018
Course Begins: 30 November 2018
Course Fees: 10000 BDT (partial scholarship will be provided for the deserving candidate)
Eligibility Criteria: This course is open to:
(i) students currently studying at university in any subject
(ii) recent graduates from any discipline
(iii) Young professionals working in different sectors.
The applicant must have basic computer knowledge and good command in English. As the programme will be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh and no accommodation facilities will be provided by CIRDAP, participants who are living in Bangladesh are requested to apply for the programme.
Training Registration Process:
- Fill the registration form and submit it for scrutiny
- At the time of registration, you will have to submit:-
- Filled in Online Application Form
- Attach passport size photograph
- Copy of certificate of latest degree
- Address proof (Copy of NID)
- We will confirm your eligibility by e-mail/phone.
- One week time will be given to candidate to pay fees after confirmation mail.
- On completion of registration process, we will allocate registration number and send admission letter.
There are two types of secured payment options to pay training registration fees:
- Demand Draft/Pay order in favor of CIRDAP
Note that partial scholarship will be given based on merit. Since seats are limited, interested candidate are requested to apply at the earliest.
Please find the GIS Course Brochure .
For any query – feel free to contact us
Phone: +880 1902 0199917, +880 1903 277837