CENTRE ON INTEGRATED RURAL DEVELOPMENT FOR ASIA AND THE PACIFIC
Dhaka, Bangladesh (www.cirdap.org)
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION TO CIRDAP CONTACT MINISTRY: 7th April 2019
Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP), a regional, intergovernmental organization is looking for a senior professional for the position of Director General for the period of 2020-2024 for its Headquarters located in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
Functional Title : Director General
Level : D-2
Responsible to : TC/EC/GC
Location : Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Recruitment Status : Professional Category
Duration of Assignment : 04 (four) years
CIRDAP was established with the auspices of Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations on 6thJuly, 1979. It has 15 members countries namely, Afghanistan, Bangladesh (Host State), Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand and Vietnam. The purpose of CIRDAP is to provide technical support and promote innovative best practices on sustainable IRD amongst member countries in Asia-Pacific in order to improve the lives of the rural people.
CIRDAP, a Centre of Excellence in Integrated Rural Development.
Having Leadership capacity as well as strategic vision to take up its activities in the areas of Rural Development and Poverty Alleviation in Asia-Pacific region by policy formulation, enlarging networking and programme outputs.
Key Duties and responsibilities
The Director General of CIRDAP, in accordance with the mandate given by the Governing Council is responsible for carrying out the following duties and responsibilities:
- Acts as the legal and official representative of CIRDAP;
- Directs the work of CIRDAP in accordance with the policies, decisions and programmes of work and budget (PWB) adopted by the Governing Council and under the guidance of the Executive Committee;
- Submits to the Governing Council at each regular session, through the Executive Committee;
- an annual report on the work of CIRDAP;
- audited accounts for the previous biennium and
- draft programme of work of CIRDAP and draft budget for the following biennium
- Convenes the sessions of the CIRDAP Governing Council, Executive and Technical Committee and all other meetings of CIRDAP; provides the secretariat for such meetings and participates in those meetings;
- Appoint the Deputy Director General and other staff members of CIRDAP in accordance with policies and general standards and guidelines laid down by the Governing Council and establishes the Conditions of employment;
- Postgraduate University degree preferably in Management, Economics or Rural Development related fields;
- Citizen of CIRDAP Member Countries;
- Age: Should be between 45 to 62 years on the date of assuming the post (i.e. 6 July 2020);
- Must be proficient in English both spoken and written.
Knowledge and Experience
- Has proven experience of at least twenty years in relevant rural development fields including at least seven years on leadership, management and policy development at the senior level in the field of rural development and poverty alleviation;
- Sound knowledge in political and rural development socio-economic issues at the regional and international levels; and
- Proven experience in making sound decisions and providing quality advice to higher authorities.
- Result Focused – ensure the outputs in the Strategic Plan are achieved within the time frame;
- Professional Competencies – has excellent leadership and organising skills and has general understanding in the field of Research, Action Research, Training, Knowledge Management and Administration;
- Manage Relations and Partnership – have the skills in building effective relationship within the Secretariat and with development partners; and
- Communication Skills – Excellent command on English in terms of interpretations and conversations.
- Upholds moral or ethical values
- Conceptual thinking and the ability to think outside the box
- Ability to adjust to changes and innovative
Salary and Other Benefits
Level D-2, Step-I carries a minimum salary of US$ 64,481 per annum plus other allowances like Contributory Provident Fund; Group Life Insurance, Group Accident Insurance, Group Sickness Insurance Scheme; Children Education Grant @ US$ 2,400 per child per year for a maximum of two children only studying in Bangladesh; Supplementary hospitalization Assurance Policy for the spouse & a maximum of three children; Home Leave & Travel for Self and Family Members up to a maximum of five adult fare; fully furnished residence at approved monthly rent ceiling, one Chauffeur driven car including the expenditure of P.O.L; Maintenance of Furniture; Electricity & Water Bills; Telephone for official use; one Cook-Bearer & one Watchperson.
As per agreement with Government of the Peoples Republic of Bangladesh: Privileges, immunities and facilities accorded to official representative , the Director General has (1) exemption from taxation on the salaries and emoluments paid by the Centre, (2) immunity, together with their spouse and dependents , the same repatriation facilities in the time of crisis as officials comparable rank of diplomatic mission and the right to import free of duty their furniture and effects , including one car , at the time of first taking up their post in the Centre.
Interested applicants should fill up the Personal History Form available in CIRDAP website (www.cirdap.org) and submit with a cover letter and supporting documents to their respective Contact Ministries which are mentioned in the CIRDAP website and send an e-mail copy to CIRDAP through firstname.lastname@example.org.