CIRDAP in collaboration with BALID is going to organize a Training on “Institutional Repository Software D-Space and its Applications” on 26-27 July 2019 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The training is designed for students and professionals who want to make the best use of the D-Space Software in their professional (library & information center) fields.
After the training, Trainees’ will know about
- What is Institutional Repository/DSpace?
- Features of DSpace
- DSpace installation, configuration and customization
- Creation of metadata (Dublin Core) and item submission
- Administration of DSpace
- Metadata (Dublin Core) edit in DSpace
- Item visibility authorization in DSpace
- E-people and E-person Management
Who should attend this training?
The courses is uniquely designed by technical experts in collaboration with Bangladesh Association of Librarians, Information Scientists and Documentalists (BALID) to ensure the meaningful skill development which enables the Participants to gain insight on application of D-Space. If your interest goes beyond existing academic education and you want to know more about the D-Space Software and its application which can boost your career then this training is for you.
1st Day (26 July 2019):
- Prepare a Machine for Installing D-Space
- D-Space Installation
- D-Space Configuration
- D-Space Customization
2nd Day (27 July 2019):
- Creating Community and Collection in DSpace
- Creation of metadata and submission of Items in DSpace
- Editing Items after uploading
- Item Visibility authorization
- E-people and E-person management
Training Registration Process
- Fill in the online registration form by clicking the link given below;
- Once you are informed as eligible for the program, you will have to submit:
- Recent 1 passport and 1 stamp size photograph
- Copy of certificate of last degree
- Address proof (Copy of NID)
- Full Course fee
- On completion of registration process and full payment, we will sent you an admission letter mentioning registration number and detailed programmer schedule.
- Once payment is made, there is no scope for cancellation or refund.
- The admission is fist come first serve basis till the deadline of application, therefore interested applicants are requested to apply at the earliest.
- Number of days :Total 02 Days.
- Class Schedule : Friday and Saturday (10.30 am to 4 pm)
- No. of Seats : 15
- Course Fees for professionals : 5000 BDT
- Fees for Students : 4000 BDT
- Last Date of Application Submission : 24 July 2019
- Course starts : 26th July 2019
- Eligibility Criteria:
This course is open to:
- Students currently studying at university in subject related to Information Science & Library Management;
- Recent graduates/PGD/Pass course completed from the relevance subject
- Professionals working in library & Information management sectors
- Has Basic computer knowledge
- Has Good command in English.
Download the Training Brief for more details:
There are three types of secured payment options to pay training registration fees:
- BKash (with service charge) to 01723 991963
- Pay order in favor of CIRDAP
CICC Lab, CICC Building, Chameli House, 17 Topkhana Road GPO Box 2883, Dhaka-1000 Bangladesh.
- Please note that the training will be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and no accommodation facilities will be provided by CIRDAP.
- For any query – feel free to contact us at +880 1723 99 19 63, 01841050470 +88 02-955871 extn. 227/226 or e-mail at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.