Centre on Integrated Rural Development for Asia and the Pacific (CIRDAP) is calling for Expression of Interest (EOI) from Rural Development Experts from CIRDAP Member Countries (Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Iran, Lao PDR, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, Pakistan, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, and Vietnam) for the position of CIRDAP IRD Expert.
The guidelines and application process are as follows:
- Has international eminence in Integrated Rural Development;
- Held higher positions in government or relevant institutions/organizations;
- Sound knowledge in political and rural development socio-economic issues at the regional and international levels;
- Has published books, articles in internationally reputed journals and has other recognised achievements/awards;
- Citizen of a CIRDAP Member Country; and
- Must be proficient in English both spoken and written.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provides advice on the Technical and funding aspects of the activities and programmes to the Technical Committee and CIRDAP Secretariat;
- Act as Chairperson of the Personnel Advisory Committee (PAC) on the recruitment of the professional staff at Director level;
- A member of the Technical Committee and Screening Committee for Selection of Director General of CIRDAP;
- Member of any other sub-committee established by the policy bodies (EC, GC and TC); and
- Providing support to CIRDAP programme activities as Guest, Keynote Speaker, Resource Person amongst other.
The incumbent will be paid honorarium in recognition of a special service provided under his/her roles and responsibilities.
The incumbent is appointed for a term of two years, and subject to extension for another term.
- Interested individuals, who meet the above criteria, are requested express their interest through the online form below:
- CIRDAP Contact Ministries/Link Institutes and other organisations may also nominate potential candidates using the above online form. Alternatively, the CV of the candidates may be sent to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CIRDAP Secretariat will assess the application/nomination shortlist one to three candidates. The shortlisted candidates will be submitted to CIRDAP Executive Committee and Governing Council Meeting for consideration.
Deadline for Application/Nomination: 31 August 2019.