CIRDAP Centre on Geo-informatics Applications for Rural Development (CGARD) with technical support from National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), India, is offering the fourth batch of Basic Course on GIS and its Applications to be organized from 15 November to 14 December 2019 in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The course is designed for students and professionals who want to make the best use of the latest spatial technologies in their professional fields.
The course on geo-spatial technologies and applications will facilitate students and entry-level officials to thoroughly understand Geographical Information Management, Remote Sensing, Image Interpretation, Digital Image processing, Geographic Information System (GIS), various applications including practical’s on Image processing & GIS. In this respect, the Geographic Information System (GIS) applications for rural resource development and capacity building have been found to play a potential role in promoting natural resource productivity for sustainable development, good governance and service delivery to the poor.
The objective of the course is to develop an understanding and competence in, Geo spatial technology.
- Analyze Geo-information problems encountered in professional domain and develop, apply the appropriate methods for studying and/or solving the problems
- Learn different technologies for collecting, acquiring and verifying spatial data
- Different Technology to generate, integrates, analyze and visualize spatial data
- Apply practical skills by working on international standard projects
- Basics, Process and Application of Geo-Informatics
- Coordinate System and Projection
- Geo-tagging with Mobile Data Collection
- Quantum GIS Software and its Applications
- Global Positioning System (GPS) Principles, Concepts and Applications
- Geo-informatics applications and Best Practices in Agriculture, Disaster Management, and Water Resources on Asia Pacific Region.
- Hands on GPS Data Acquisition, downloading interfacing and overlaying on Google maps.
- Satellite Programmes and data availability for Asia and Pacific
- Data Collection in field and import in software
- Hands on Digital Image Processing
- Carry out a mini project and presentation
- Number of Classes: Total 16 Classes, 9 Days
- Class Schedule: Fridays and Saturdays (10.30 am to 04.00 pm)
- No. of Seats: 15
- Course Fees: 15000 BDT (12000 after 20% Scholarship)
- Last Date of Application Submission: 10 November 2019
- Duration: 15 November to 14 December 2019
- Class Starts: 15 November
This course is open to:
(i) Students currently studying at university in any subject
(ii) Recent graduates from any discipline
(iii) Young professionals working in different sectors.
The participant must have Good command in English and basic computer knowledge.
Training Registration Process
- Fill in the online registration form by clicking the Application link given below;
- We will confirm your eligibility by e-mail/phone within 2/3 working days.
- Once you are informed as eligible for the program, you will have to submit:-
- Recent 1 passport and 1 stamp size photograph
- Copy of certificate of last degree
- Address proof (Copy of NID)
- Full Course fee
- On completion of registration process and full payment, we will sent admission letter mentioning registration number and detailed programmer schedule.
- Once payment is made, there is no scope for cancellation or refund.
- The admission is fist come first serve basis till the deadline of application, therefore interested applicants are requested to apply at the earliest.
There are two types of secured payment options to pay training registration fees:
- Demand Draft/Pay order in favor of CIRDAP
- Please note that the programme will be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and no accommodation facilities will be provided by CIRDAP.
- The final mark will be calculated based on Attendances, exam, and Project. Only participants who will pass the course with minimum of 45% marks will get certificate. No certificate will be provided if the participants fail to get the minimum marks.
- For any query – feel free to contact us at +880 1903 277837, +880 1902 0199917, or email at email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.