CIRDAP Centre on Geoinformatics Applications for Rural Development (CGARD) with technical support from National Institute of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj (NIRD&PR), India, is offering a weekend batch of Intermediate Certificate Course on GIS and its Applications to be organized 03 April-02 May, 2020, Dhaka, Bangladesh. The course is designed for students and professionals who want to make the best use of the latest spatial technologies in their professional fields. GIS, the powerful technology is emerging as an important tool for the advancement of business, natural resource management, disaster management, development planning, agriculture, urban planning, rural development, civil engineering and other fields. This course aims to provide in-depth understanding of Geographical Information Management, Remote sensing, satellite image Interpretation, Digital Image processing and Data Analysis technology and their applications in various fields viz., Water resource management, urban planning, Disaster management, Environmental assessment, agriculture and soils, forestry & ecology, geosciences, urban and regional studies, large-scale mapping, disaster management studies, etc. In the recent past in Bangladesh, GIS has emerged as an effective tool in designing rural development programmes, with focus on sustainable poverty reduction and environmental conservation. The recent trend is to move towards convergence of Remote Sensing, Geographic Information System and Global Positioning System for better managing the natural resources and the environment for achieving economic and social goals. With rapid advances, these technologies are now widely accessible at affordable costs. The GIS, has already created an enormous impact on virtually every field of activity that requires management and analysis of spatially distributed data.
- The objective of the course is to develop an understanding and competence in, Geo spatial technology.
- Analyze Geo-information problems encountered in professional domain and develop, apply the appropriate methods for studying and/or solving the problems
- Learn different technologies for collecting, acquiring and verifying spatial data
- Different Technology to generate, integrates, analyze and visualize spatial data
- Apply practical skills by working on international standard projects
- To carry out an independent final project and presentation
Who should attend this course?
The courses are uniquely designed by technical experts to ensure the meaningful skill development which enables the Participants to gain insight on application of Geoinformatics. If your interest goes beyond existing academic education and you want to know more about the latest technologies which can boost your career then this programme is for you.
(i) Introduction to GIS, Remote Sensing, and Cartography
(ii) Coordinate System and Projections
(iii) GIS Data Structures, Data Sources and Database Management System
(iv) Overview of Open Source Software and Licensed Software
(v) Generation of Geo-database, Digitization and Editing Spatial and Non Spatial data
(vi) Map Projection and Techniques
(vii) Vector Data Analysis
(viii) Raster Data Analysis
(ix) Global Positioning System (GPS): Principles, Concepts and Applications
(x) Hands on GPS Data Acquisition, downloading interfacing and overlaying on Google maps.
(xi) Total Station: Principles, applications and demonstration
(xii) Satellite Programme and Data Availability
(xiii) Digital Image Processing and techniques for Satellite data processing
(xiv) Hands on Digital Image Processing
(xv) Geo-informatics applications and Best Practices in Agriculture, Disaster Management, and Rural Development on Asia Pacific Region
(xvi) Carry out a mini project and presentation
- CIRDAP helped 70+ students and working professionals from diversified fields to enhance their skills and to accelerate their career since 2017.
- CIRDAP believes in innovation and including latest technologies in its courses.
- CIRDAP has designed the courses with 80% practical based learning.
- CIRDAP provides training by industry professionals with live projects training on international projects in inputs.
1. Number of Classes: Total 20 Classes, 10 Days
2. Class Schedule: Friday and Saturday (10.00 am to 04.00 pm)
3. No. of Seats: 10
4. Course Fees: 20000 BDT (25000 with 20% Discount)
5. Last Date of Application Submission: 20 March 2020
6. Course starts: 03 April 2020
7. Eligibility Criteria:
(a) This course is open to:
(i) Students currently studying at university in any subject
(ii) Recent graduates from any discipline
(iii) Young professionals working in different sectors.
(b) Basic computer knowledge
(c) Good command in English.
Training Registration Process:
- Fill in the online registration form by clicking the link given in the website;
- We will confirm your eligibility by e-mail/phone within 2/3 working days.
- Once you are informed as eligible for the program, you will have to submit:-
- Recent 1 passport and 1 stamp size photograph
- Copy of certificate of last degree
- Address proof (Copy of NID)
- Full Course fee
- On completion of registration process and full payment, we will sent admission letter mentioning registration number and detailed programmer schedule.
- Once payment is made, there is no scope for cancellation or refund.
- The admission is fist come first serve basis till the deadline of application, therefore interested applicants are requested to apply at the earliest.
There are two types of secured payment options to pay training registration fees:
- Demand Draft/Pay order in favor of CIRDAP
- Please note that the programme will be held in Dhaka, Bangladesh, and no accommodation facilities will be provided by CIRDAP.
- The final mark will be calculated based on Attendances, exam, and Project. Only participants who will pass the course with minimum of 45% marks will get certificate. No certificate will be provided if the participants fail to get the minimum marks.
- For any query – feel free to contact us at +880 1903 277837, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.