A list of documents related to the GCA +20, for your interest and ease of reference. Kindly find below links to the Report, Webcast Recordings, Regional Reviews and the Shanghai Declaration as adopted by the participants; all documents are also available at www.aquaculture2020.org.
The GCA +20 was successfully held from 22-25 September 2021 as a hybrid event. Of the more than 2700 people who registered their interest via the GCA +20 website, a total of 1728 participants from 113 countries attended the conference (500 in-person, 1228 online), widely represented by a range of different stakeholders (IGOs/INGOs, public/private sectors; education, research and extension workers; producers groups; traders; civil society organizations).
The Report of the Global Conference on Aquaculture Millennium +20 is available online here, and the webcast recordings can be found using the links below.
· Opening ceremony
· Keynote speeches
· Special Topic presentations
· Aquaculture systems
· Aquaculture feed and feeding
· Dynamics of aquaculture governance
|Day 2||Stream 1|
· Innovation in aquaculture
· Transforming aquaculture to achieve SDGs
· Aquatic genetic resources and seed supply
· Biosecurity: reducing the burden of disease
· Social and human dimensions of aquaculture
· Value chains and market access for aquaculture products
· Poster session
· Shanghai Declaration: adoption and pledges
· Closing ceremony
The reviews can be downloaded from the dedicated FAO website or directly at the links below.
- Global Aquaculture Synthesis
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Asia and the Pacific
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Europe
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Latin America and the Caribbean
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in the Near East and North Africa
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in North America
- Regional Review of Aquaculture in Sub Saharan Africa
The content of the nine thematic reviews has been finalized based on the feedback received from GCA +20 participants during and subsequent to the conference. We are finalizing agreement for publication of the papers as a special issue of an academic journal. The previous drafts and recordings of the thematic sessions are available on the GCA website.
The formatted final version of the Shanghai Declaration: Aquaculture for Food and Sustainable Development as adopted by the participants of the GCA +20 can be downloaded here:
The outcomes of the GCA +20 are being widely distributed and a summary report has been presented by the Co-Chairs to the NACA Governing Council in November 2021. The forthcoming 11th Session of the COFI Sub-Committee on Aquaculture will include a Special Event on the Global Conference on Aquaculture Millennium +20 – Aquaculture for Food and Sustainable Development.
Thank you once again for your interest in the GCA +20, we hope you found it interesting, and we look forward to engaging with you in the future.
click here to download the full report.