We are pleased to announce the opening of Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (PDRF) position at the Universiti Malaya.
Opening Date : 05 July 2022 (Tuesday)
Closing Date : 25 July 2022 (Monday)
Below are the details of the vacancies:
Candidates for the position must meet the following requirements:
- Have obtained a PhD degree within the last 5 years or have attended and passed the viva-voce (please provide a letter from your institution to attest to this);
- Have proof of proficiency in the English language (a minimum score of 600 on the TOEFL or Band 6.5 in the IELTS) for candidates whose PhD thesis was written in languages other than English.
- Have an excellent track record in publication
- Have experience in carrying out research and have published in indexed and peer-reviewed journals at either the national or the international level.
- Must find potential Supervisor/Principal Investigator that are suitable with the candidate research area. For those who are interested to work on project related to seaweeds/microlagae, you may contact : Prof. Lim Phaik Eem, firstname.lastname@example.org
- The potential supervisor / PI (Principal Investigator) must have external grant as below:-
1) Science & Technology Field
An external grant worth at least RM100,000 and above. FRGS grants are not included.
2) Social Science Field
An external grant worth at least RM50,000 and above. FRGS grants are not included.
Prioritized Fields of Research
Areas that have been identified by the Universiti Malaya as prioritized research clusters are as follows:
- Frontier Sciences
- Innovative Technology
- Sustainability Science
- Equitable Society
Duration of Appointment
- The first appointment is a minimum of 6 months and not more than 12 months for local candidates and a minimum of 12 months for international candidates (to meet visa requirements).
- An extension may be considered subject to the achievement of Key Performance Indicator (KPI) and recommendation of the Head of the Research Centre or Research Program or Principal Investigator (PI).
Appointments are given contract status. (For International candidates, the conditions of appointment are subject to the National rules, regulations, and conditions applicable to foreign workers, as well as current policies enforced).
Please submit two (2) copies of application form (1 original hardcopy & 1 photocopy) and via email (softcopy) together with all the relevant documents to:
Institute of Research Management & Services (IPPP)
Level 7, Research Management & Innovation Complex
50603 Kuala Lumpur, MALAYSIA
Tel: +603-7967 4525
Click here to download the application form.