CIRDAP Aziz-ul Haq Library
CIRDAP’s Aziz-ul Haq Library, one of the finest special libraries in the country, which was established in 1980. The library was named after Aziz-ul Haq; founder Director of CIRDAP, in recognition of his significant contribution to the Centre, on his first death anniversary on 3rd September 2003.
Aziz-ul Haq library is a resourceful library with a holding of 19800+ books. It receives about 230 Journals through exchange, subscription and complementary. Books, journals, brochures, programme literature, reports of research studies, technical notes and series, proceedings of conferences, seminars and workshops are constantly added to the library’s resources. Library also receives CD-ROMs on a regular basis like World Development Report, World Development Indicators etc.
The main objectives of the Library are
- To increase cooperation and communication with CIRDAP link institutes and other libraries.
- To provide a prompt and efficient service to the users.
- Develop a focused collection and databases on rural development and poverty alleviation.
- Disseminate information by providing current awareness services.
The Director ICD is the chairman of the Library Committee. Librarian is the Member Secretary of the committee. The functions of the committee are:
- Review the existing stock of books in CIRDAP Library.
- Recommend policy and strategy for better management of CIRDAP Library.
- Suggest appropriate ways and means to update CIRDAP Library with new knowledge.
- Suggest policy and strategy to link up CIRDAP library with other knowledge based institutions and other Libraries.
- Interlibrary loan
- Photocopy service
- Newspapers Clipping Services
- Depository Services
- Current Awareness Services
- Selective Dissemination of Information (SDI)
- SInternet Browsing
CIRDAP Library service is open to all. Anyone who lives and works Bangladesh is welcome to make use of the Library. For borrowing books one has to complete a membership form which is available in the Library. Fee is Tk. 1000 for the first year, a membership card which is valid for one year. Renewal membership fee is Tk. 500 per year.
Enter title, subject or author
9 am-5 pm
Libraries in Bangladesh
Alerts of latestÂ articles collected from Newspaper, Journals and different websites.
Library Rules and Regulations:
Link with other Library Database: All CLI Libraries.
Phone Number: 880-2-9558751, 9559686, 7169824-5 ext.226, 227